Giving Back to Our Community
What you should know before applying for sponsorship:
Brown Distributing Company will consider sponsoring your non-profit fundraisers and charitable events (Special Events) upon review of your timely application and only upon approval by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority (ABC). While we would like to align with all that is good and worthy, we sometimes must gracefully decline.
A few things we look for when selecting opportunities for sponsorship:
|Timing||Please give us at least 6 weeks’ notice prior to your Special Event. We review applications received every 30 days and Special Events that are scheduled less than 6 weeks from the date of application will be declined automatically. Please do not submit application if your event is scheduled to take place within the next 6 weeks.|
|Location||Is your event located within our territory? Our sponsorship is limited to the geographical areas where we distribute our products. Visit our Where we Distribute page to see if you qualify.|
|Exclusions||Please understand that we only sell alcoholic beverages to consumers who are 21 years of age or older. We would love to support all groups and events, but we must ensure that we are doing so responsibly.|
|Requirements||If you are serving or selling alcoholic beverages at your Special Event, you must provide us with a copy of the applicable Banquet or Banquet Special Event license issued by ABC. We also ask that you take all steps necessary to prevent underage drinking and ensure responsible consumption.|
|Request||If your sponsorship application is approved, we ask that you reference Brown Distributing Company as a sponsor on any websites, social media posts or other forms of promotion or advertising of your event.|
Other Policies and Procedures:
- Must submit a copy of valid Virginia ABC Banquet License at least seven (7) days in advance of event.
- Product can be dropped off twenty-four (24) hours prior to event. Exception: If the customer has an approved ABC license for Sunday and wants to pick product up from the warehouse, this can be done forty-eight (48) hours in advance (Friday).
- Keg minimum is eight and a half (8.5) barrel equivalents.
- Any keg that is tapped is deemed sold and full price is charged. There are no partial charges/refunds on kegged products.
- Partial kegs left after an event must be returned to the warehouse and are not to be left on site.
- Package minimum is twenty (20) cases.
- Unopened and undamaged cases are eligible to be returned and refunded.
- Virginia ABC requires payment at the time of delivery. If you anticipate holding more than four Special Events per year, payment by EFT is preferred. Any refunds due and payable will be issued via EFT if available, otherwise by check sent by U.S. mail.
- IF YOU CLAIM YOUR EVENT IS TAX-EXEMPT, APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED. WITHOUT DOCUMENTATION OF TAX EXEMPTION, ALL APPLICABLE TAXES WILL BE APPLIED.
For Product Pickup:
Brown Distributing Company, LLC
7986 Villa Park Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23228
- Must email or submit a copy of ABC License prior to arrival to ensure an account is setup and active for ordering.
- Must have paper copy of ABC License at time of pickup.
- No Saturday or Sunday pickups. Products must be picked up on the Friday before a weekend event.
- Payment for product must be received at time of pickup. Cash will not be accepted.
- Ice, cups, and CO2 are available for purchase. Brown Distributing Company Beverage Coolers are not available for use. Other services charges may apply.